Monday, July 03, 2006

The Reasons Why 1.1

The reasons to quit,
Don't outnumber all the reasons why.


Here I am, a long way from home, in a soft summer heat, by the side of a pool with flowering trees all around, and a sense of peace that has settled over me -- from some new inner source perhaps.

I'll never play games with you, gentle reader, so today I will post straight from my heart. All kinds of songs are playing in my head:

You're the only one with a broken heart,
The only one afraid of the dark.


Each of us feels all alone with our feelings of love lost.

Some dance to remember,
Some dance to forget.

As people try to move on, they learn to dance again. The music doesn't care why you are dancing, only that your body gets back to moving to the beat. The beat always must go on.

(With appologies for messing with all the orginal lyrics to Merle Haggard, Roy Orbison, and The Eagles. If someone wants to correct them from the web, add a comment.)

There are lots of ways to compose a love song, with words, images, thoughts, and stories. You can sing it to any tune you wish. There is one that belongs only to me and the one who left me. As yet, it has no final verse.

No comments: