Monday, July 28, 2008

My Office



Here's my desk at Predictify.com. If it has any sort of style to it, you'd have to call it "retro." But, as it turns out, "retro" depends on generational perspective. My memory reaches back to the '50s, but my imagination is more stuck in the '30s.

After all, I lived through the '50s, so returning to that era is only nostalgia. But, to me, the stylistically attractive era was the '20s and the '30s, when a certain care of craftsmanship was still apparent in office decor.

But I probably cannot obtain specimens to suitably outfit my desk in an authentic way. So, what you see will have to do. Old typewriters. Old awards. Old press passes. One thing I wish I had is an old, black, dial telephone, like those that sat on desks from the '30 through the '50s.

But they cost a bundle online, these relics. So I can only dream that someone I know has one and would donate it to me.

Dream on.

-30-

No comments: