Tuesday, July 29, 2008

This blog...


...slogs on and on, what can I say?

It feels like "back to the future" for me. No, that's not right. It's "back to the past."

Tonight, it's just my oldest son, Peter, and me staying in this place. That's what it was like a couple years back. So much has happened since then, but here we are back where we were then.

The two of us seem to have more or less parallel luck in relationships, but that's all I'll say about that. It is simply great to have him around, even if our schedules mean we rarely overlap in this bachelor's pad. Thursday night, when Aidan is back from his trip to Maui, the three of us will eat steak.

For a dad, it doesn't get any better than that -- unless Dylan could be here too.

But he and his little sister are visiting there grandparents back east, and won't get home until Friday.

Don't you love summer? Everyone's always going here and there. Everybody but me. I am just here, at home or at work, or of course in between, commuting again and again up and down US 101.

I wonder when that highway's expansion project will finally be finished? The bottlenecks are predictable and tiresome in these, the waning days of SOV (single occupancy vehicles).

Okay, that's enough of a personal update. Otherwise, I just might write something I'd regret.

:-)

-30-

No comments: