Friday, January 01, 2010



High on a hill in drizzly San Francisco today, the kids and I ran around chasing a frisbee in the warm humid air of New Year's Day.

It didn't feel particularly momentous, this first day of a decade. Just another day in a park.

But it is at times like this that I've come to most value my time on earth. It is a finite visit for all of us.

I commend the movie, "An Education."

It is the kind of film, based on the kind of memoir, that makes me want to write my own life story, and to return to my Hollywood writing days, as well.

Maybe this will be the year? First things first. I'm told I will be going home finally in a few more days...

-30-

1 comment:

Anjuli said...

I'm glad you are going to be home soon. The nice thing about each new year- it affords new opportunities to do whatever it is we want to do.