Thursday, January 20, 2011

"All Grown Up"

(Note: This post was unintentionally deleted at the end of last year. So I am re-posting it now.)


That's what everyone said to me tonight at the annual holiday performance by the choir at my little girl's school, and I suppose they are right.

She constantly amazes me, my youngest child.

Tonight, as the single father of a lovely little girl singing her heart out at a holiday party -- in Yiddish, German, Spanish, English, and other languages -- I got outside of my shell for a bit and it felt good.

The rains greeted me when I returned home, alone, as always these days and these nights. But tonight I didn't feel lonely, because her music came home with me. As much as I wish I had someone to share that with, I do have fingers that type letters, and therefore I am sharing it, finally, with you.

Happy holidays, everybody.

No comments: