Saturday, April 14, 2012

Perfect


This birthday included first soccer game of the final season for the Palominos, my daughter's soccer team these past four years or so. She walked to the field at Beach Chalet with her brother and head coach on a sunny, clear morning.


The setting was lovely as her coach roamed the sideline, urging his players on.


She played well, and with her recent growth, can hold her own with most onrushing attackers.


He instructed the team on a strategy to win, and win they did, a 4-0 shutout that may presage a successful season ahead. They have never had this convincing a victory in their entire team history, over seven fall and spring seasons.


Afterward, we drove to my oldest daughter and family's new home in the East Bay hills. My grandchildren were there, filled with the energy of the very young.


As my teens and the young ones explored the large new yard, I learned that 3-year-old Luca determined that as of this birthday, I must be six-and-a-half.

I'll take it. That must be the right point for Medicare to kick in...

:)

-30-

No comments: