Saturday, June 02, 2012

Congratulations, Dr. Weir!


My oldest son, Peter, successfully completed his work to earn a PhD in neuroscience yesterday at the California Institute of Technology.

I got the news in a text message from him while I was in a business meeting in San Jose. I held my emotions in check, given the environment, but inside, I started remembering him as a child -- happy, precocious, strong.

Such an athletic little boy, but always also insatiably curious.

Always has loved the outdoors, whether hiking, playing sports, or surfing off the coast.

Fearless -- as an athlete.

Relentless and persistent, when solving problems, in math or science.

Caring, sweet, big-hearted about people.

My oldest son, Dr. Peter Thomas Weir. I could not be prouder.

-30-

1 comment:

Anjuli said...

WOW- BRAVO- and a big congratulations to him and to you!!!