Sunday, August 04, 2013

Sunday in the City

After some five hours of driving and a sunburn yesterday, today is a quieter day around the neighborhood. Trying to relax before my first day on the full-time job starting tomorrow. It still looks like there could be a mass transit (BART) strike, which will make it crazy, and have me at work three hours earlier than otherwise.

Hard to relax given all that, but for one of the rare times all year, all three of my sons and I got lunch together nearby and watched a bit of the Giants' game. My oldest son is in town for another wedding involving one of his long-time friends. About six of them all decided to get married around the same time over the past year.

My fantasy baseball team is in third place, far better than I thought it would do this season, with a relatively weak lineup. Maybe we've been lucky.

Today would have been my mother's 98th birthday. It is hard to believe she has been gone for 11 years now. I miss her.


No comments: