Sunday, January 25, 2015

Back to College Weekend

Well, I drove the boys to SFO yesterday afternoon and saw them off for their return to Missoula. Last night they texted me they had arrived safely and returned to their dorm rooms. Each boy now has a single room, a luxury neither of them ever had before, because they always shared a bedroom here and at their Mom's house.

This time at the airport I avoided crying -- you get used to new realities gradually. We're making plans to get together in about two months when they have a week off for spring break -- either out there or back here.

Things are quiet here. Late yesterday afternoon I drove my daughter home from her SPCA volunteering job, where she walks dogs awaiting adoption. This afternoon I plan on watching her play futsol on Potrero Hill east of here.

-30-

No comments: