Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Happy Birthday and More

Thirty-five years ago today, a special baby girl arrived -- Sarah Daisy. Today she has three little boys of her own, and is attending lots of Little League and soccer games and practices. I had a nice phone conversation with her this morning.

This afternoon her little sister, my youngest daughter, texted me that her backpack and broken. If you know anything about schoolkids these days, you know they need a good backback. Off to Sports Basement we went after work and she chose out a new one, picturing an environmental theme.

Meanwhile, we had to figure out dinner (I haven't yet shopped this month) so she used an app on her iphone to track down some Mexican food for us to be delivered from Pancho Villa Taqueria. She handled the payment with my credit card and her app.

She smiled tonight at the sight of the T-shirt I ordered for her before Christmas, as it finally arrived today, roughly 78 days late. I explained that this probably was a result of the big backup at the Port of Long Beach during the recent labor dispute there.

"Then I won't complain on her website or give her a bad review because it wasn't her fault." The shoirt has an environmental theme as well.

-30-

No comments: