Monday, October 19, 2015

Monday Break

Came home at mid-day to drive my youngest son to Trader Joe's, where he dropped off a job application form. He gets very nervous about things like this and he thinks people can tell. But he didn't look nervous as he handed the application to a man behind the counter at the back of the store.

The man looked it over, said they are indeed hiring, and asked Dylan what his favorite TJ product is. He said a Mac & Cheese that it is easy to microwave and the guys smiled and said, "That *is* good."

They shook hands and I thought I could see a flicker of positive impression cross the man's expression. Dylan is such a good kid; he probably doesn't realize it yet but people can sense that about him. Honest, smart, funny, a bit shy in a good way.

I hope he gets a job soon for his sake. I think he finds job searching much more stressful than school. He told me this "gap year" has already made going back to school an attractive option.

-30-

No comments: