Sunday, October 04, 2015

Weekend Pace

A friend stopped by for tea. She is Japanese and often visits me on Saturdays. She took two copies of my book, Circle of Poison, one in Japanese and one in English, for a class she is taking on critical thinking and essay writing. I love that that book is still relevant for people.

Then I met a friend from work at the Atlas Cafe. First time I'd been there in a while. We ran into another friend from work while there.

Back home, my youngest son and I watched the baseball game on TV. The Giants did not make the playoffs so these last games are meaningless on one level. But somehow that makes them even more enjoyable to watch.

It's just the pure beauty of the game.

I got up early and did our weekly (or now bi-weekly) shopping trip. Bags of groceries and supplies. There were no lines and plenty of parking spaces.

As I unloaded the bags from the trunk of my old car, I spoke with my neighbor and heard the sound of a bird singing.

-30-

No comments: