Saturday, November 16, 2019

Brunching

I had trouble sleeping last night -- maybe I got three hours, total.

My nurse came at 8 am and said "Don't go anywhere without someone with you from now on. You are at too great a danger of falling again." He noted that my BP has risen again and that that is not normal so early in the day.

I hate this -- whatever is happening with my body.

***

A few hours later, Aidan and Dylan came to take me to brunch at Mission Rock on the waterfront of the Bay. Their two wonderful girlfriends, Kelsey and Meghan, were both there. I love them both.

Both of my legs were shaking badly at lunch and I could not concentrate on their conversations very well in the restaurant, but it was great to be with them, as it always is.

I also could not eat much of my lunch (fish and chips), which is just as well because I threw everything up this afternoon anyway. That happens now and then. I call it "Peace Corps Revenge."

Then I started feeling better and stronger and I ate up the leftovers of my lunch from the box Meg carried for me. (I'd forgotten it.)

After a nice call from an old friend, I've settled in to watch TV. On Saturdays, I love watching SNL

I've got some busy days ahead, which is good.

-30-




No comments: