Sunday, November 10, 2019

The One Day...

...the physical mail doesn't come is Sunday, as in today.

I don't recall when I started hating the mail, but now most communication is electronic, it's increasingly irrelevant.

For most people, Sunday is a day off. For me now, every day is a day off.

There won't be any mail today and I don't expect any visitors. On Sunday mornings, I like to watch Brian Stelter's show on the media on CNN. He asked me to come on once but I refused. I no longer do TV. I just watch it.

It's been foggy day and night here for a while, which affects our collective mood. That isn't necessarily bad for writing but rainy weather is better. I'm waiting for the rains to start.

Aidan and Kelsey went to the Boudin election victory party last night and I am so excited for them. It's fulfilling for me as a parent to experience the idealism of my children.

What we all need is a combination of idealism and pragmatism.

-30-




No comments: