Tuesday, January 21, 2020

THE SORTING PROJECT

I didn't mean to shout that title. My left hand quivers and when I am typing it sometimes hits the "caps lock" button.

There was a fascinating person at lunch. She is of Central or South Asian extraction -- probably India -- and she is deaf. She speaks with gestures -- sign language. I don't know sign language, but I wish I did.

She was at the next table and we smiled at each other.

I've succeed at today's task, finding an optometrist down here, quite near by actually. I'll go to see her in about two weeks. Maybe then we can find a way to improve my eyesight.

The visitor I planned to see today had to cancel; he said he'll come on Friday instead. My nurse came, again excoriating me for giving money away, but saying my progress health-wise is good. I think an OT is coming this afternoon.

-30-

No comments: