Sunday, April 14, 2024

Reaching 77



There is a certain synchronicity of numbers, a poetry that always fascinated me as a boy and it still does. My birthday is on the 14th; this year it’s my 77th; and of course two sevens add up to 14.

It’s just a silly game I play, though a therapist once suggested that it may also be one mechanism I developed early on to cope with anxiety.

Until recently, I’m not sure that I could even recognize anxiety when it arose within me but these days I am trying to be more attentive to it. I also now believe that therapist was probably right.

There is a lot to be anxious about in life in general, of course, and in our world right now in particular. I wish that by reaching the age of 77 I could claim to have acquired a new layer of wisdom that might help others deal with worldly anxiety but alas, that does not appear to have occurred.

Still, I’m pretty sure that seven plus seven still adds up to fourteen, so you might try math as a cheap form of therapy.

Also, on my birthday I want to thank all of my readers and subscribers. I’m grateful to each one of you.

HEADLINES:

 

No comments: