Monday, August 07, 2006

More answers


Besides his wish for a miniature woman dancer, the guy in the cafe actually gave two other answers to the question, "What kind of pet would you like to have, and why?"

A #2: "A robot that I could send out to do errands and help me manage all the details of my life."

A #3: "A dog. (Finally, I thought to myself, we are getting somewhere.) Not a purebred dog, I'm suspicious that they may not be as intelligent or as emotionally connected. I want a mongrel -- an interracial dog. A female, very sweet and very smart, strong enough emotionally to tune into my moods, and not be put off by them."

His lovely companion, a tall, slender woman with long, dark hair and sensitive eyes, could hardly stop laughing about the tiny woman, but when she finally did, after asking a few questions about the size and nature of the robot, and the size and nature of the dog, revealed the purpose of her question about pets in the first
place:

"Of course, it tells what you are seeking in a partner."

They finished their coffees and strolled off into the warmth of summer morning, holding hands...

No comments: