Sunday, November 12, 2006

Men & Women: What I am done with

You know, of course that there is this construct, from sociologists more than from psychologists, called "rescue."

The idea is that you do more than your share in a relationship -- that you give more than you get, and then you start resenting this imbalance, and then in the worst stage, you start persecuting the other.

It's become abundantly clear to me that my entire history of relating to women is that I've played the rescue role.

No longer! I'm done with it. Unless we can truly find the emotional equality of the great checkbook in the sky, where pure emotional withdrawals and deposits are truly equal...forget getting involved with me.

I've "saved" too many women. But I don't want anyone to "save" me. All I seek is equality.

Hint: please be good at math!

No comments: