Friday, February 15, 2008

Blood Oranges

Announcement: Today, I posted my first blog entry on the media business at bNet bloggers ...if you care to visit, please read my colleagues' posts and then scroll down to find mine.



Other than this news, today was a school holiday, so most of my time was spent in parenting: Science homework, basketball practice, Haiku, water colors, clothes shopping, smoothies, cooking, cleaning, laundry, chili, macaroni & cheese, cereal, cup of noodles, quesadillas, pizza, and so many other elements.



Cousin Mike dropped by tonight. Ever wonder what a Buddhist Lama does? Well, among other things, he's been helping a tortured young man find his way into and out of the psych ward at SF General after he indulged in a series of self-destructive episodes at Mike's temple.

Sounds like God's work to me.



It's springtime here in San Francisco.



Sourgrass is sprouting out back. I've planted green onions, daikon, radishes, and herbs out front.



So, I've caught spring fever yet again this year.

BTW, these are blood oranges.

I know that for many of you, spring remains a wistful feeling, but it will yet come. Here, in the place where all the seasons are hopelessly mixed up, it is upon us this week, but it could well be missing in action by next week.

p.s. If you chose to not follow the link to my bNet blog at the top of this post, you can still click on the title of this entry, which will take you there. And, I would be so grateful if you chose to comment on what I wrote!

-30-

No comments: