Thursday, December 18, 2008

More diversions



It's a time of year when there are so many commitments -- an office party, a birthday, a school concert, this poor blog is suffering from neglect. But soon, I'll have my first period of free time in well over seven months, so I promise to write, write, write!



Tonight, my 14-year-old basketball star led all scorers with 11 points, when he left the game to huge applause midway through the third quarter, with his team ahead 24-2. His team eventually prevailed, 34-7. Now, they are 1-1 with the remaining games all next year.

Beyond that, all I can tell you is tonight I was proud watching my ten-year-old sing in her school choir's holiday party, which featured a mixture of Chanukah & Christmas songs. I was way in the back of the auditorium but she spotted me and waved happily.

All of this, I know is prosaic stuff. No big ideas; no opinions, no politics, no contnt of much interest to anyone but my family. But that's where I'm at, right now. There will be other days, soon enough.

-30-

No comments: