Monday, February 13, 2012

Random Moments on a Rainy Day

My grand-daughter, Sophia, has started walking, one step at a time, at age ten months & two weeks. She is definitely one of those kids to keep an eye on. Always very alert and observant, with a mind very much her own.

Her big brother (age 3) was telling me about her accomplishments on the phone today.

***

As my 15-year-old and I were driving back through the Sunset toward our side of town today, after a soft rain and as a bright sun emerged, we both caught our breaths: A rainbow, one of his (and my) favorite sights.

After we picked up his brother and proceeded closer to Bernal, he noticed that a passing bus was displaying a message in the space where the bus line number usually appears saying "Please Call Police 9-1-1."

I pulled over and did so. No word on what that was about.

***

I applied for Medicaid today and joined AARP. Not afraid to admit it: Decades have passed, and it is time to accept that I am officially old, at least physically. Good news is my health insurance bills should be cut in half, and I may even receive better coverage in return.

Maybe it's not so bad to be old. Next I have to investigate social security...

-30-

1 comment:

Anjuli said...

Oh my- I really am curious what the sign on the bus was all about- I wonder if you'll find out happened with your 911 call.

Your granddaughter indeed sounds like a young woman to watch- walking at 10 months- she sounds very bright.

Sunsets- rainbows- rain- nice ingredients to a good day!