Sunday, October 27, 2019

Special Birthday!

My youngest, Julia, is 21 today! Now all my children are adults...I left her a v.m. and hope she has a lovely day. She has always been sweet, smart and beautiful. And very kind.

Additionally from an early age, she wouldn't let us dress her. She had her own sense of style by 3, such as mis-matching socks, which eventually caught on at school.

She also proved adept at solving disputes among her friends, such as triangles among girlfriends.

As a soccer player she had a nickname -- "Thunderfoot." Man could she launch the ball.

Julia is modest. I think she under-estimates her gifts as an artist and an athlete. Her time at Oxbow boarding school at age 16 helped cement her skills as a visual artist. I have three of her pieces in my apartment, They give me great joy.

This summer, given my illnesses, she was so sweet and helpful. She started talking with me again, after the difficult teen years. I love her voice, in all senses of that word.

I love you, Julia Matthiessen Weir!

-30-

No comments: