Sunday, October 01, 2006

Our common village


My sweet little seven-year-old daughter drew and painted this image today. (If you click on it, you can see it full-size.) Lately, she has been saying she hopes to grow up to be an artist. Her equally sweet 12-year-old brother loves this painting, and told her he really belives she may well be an artist when she grows up.

You know, thinking back, I had a rough time being this kindly affirming when my little sister said she wanted to be a sailboat when she grew up. Even though I had an excessively imaginative nature, I couldn't quite work out how Kathy would transform herself into a water vehicle, though I respected her strong will enough to never be quite sure that she wouldn't pull it off...


This next image is courtesy of Brian Castagne, fellow soccer parent and a brilliant photographer. Our sons play on CRZ (Crazy Rappin' Zombies) Fusion, and they do quite well week over week. In this particular game, they won, 3-1.

Given that I am having technical issues here tonight, this will have to do it for this short post.

No comments: