Tuesday, August 07, 2007

756!!!



photos by Larry Tiglao

News Bulletin: History, baseball-style. Barry Bonds has hit his 22nd home run of this season, at age 43, and the 756th of his career, tonight in San Francisco. He is now the greatest home run hitter of all time. At the last moment, I inherited two great tickets to tonight's game, and I gave them to my daughter Sarah, her husband Larry (plus my grandson James), as they emerged from their plane from Europe.



It was James' first MLB game. (Thanks, Tom!)

Here, in my house, the five of us watching it on TV jumped and cheered, clapped and shrieked with happiness as the greatest baseball player we have ever seen achieved his ultimate goal.



It is a nice night to be a San Francisco Giant baseball fan. Congratulations, Barry Bonds. You deserved this one.

-30-

No comments: